11/29/07

a czech thanksgiving

every year, the north americans in josiah venture gather together in czech at a place called malenovice to celebrate thanksgiving.

we left latvia on tuesday night and drove for the next 20 hours (something i never want to do again) to arrive in time for dinner the next day in czech. our time in czech was very cool. dave patty (the founder of josiah venture) taught on the Father Heart of God and his talks had a huge impact on my perspective on Gods love for me. i also got to meet a lot of jv people and spend a good amount of time with our latvia team. i am thankful (get it? because it was thanksgiving...?) for my time there. we also got to visit the ikea in czech and i bought a few things for our my room and our house (ill put up pictures of the rest of the house soon). then on sunday we all packed ourselves back into the van and made the 18 hour drive back to latvia! yuck.

3 comments:

coolfriendofcooljoey said...

20 hours! Sounds like a blast! I'm sure glad it only took 18 hours on the way back, I bet it made a HUGE difference. J/k, that is called sarcasm, you know, you do that a lot. J/k, that wasn't supposed to be mean, just funny, your funny is what I meant. Anyway, I can't wait to talk on the skype thing. I was thinking about it the other day too. Would it be awkward when there are silences on the phone if there was a camera too? Cause then you are not only sitting in silence but then staring at the other person in silence! Thats funny to me, but I really want to get a camera. Dave said you guys never go on that thing at the same time so when you are not so crazy we can set up a time to talk, that'd be fun. Oh yeah, Trent's team beat Biola!! We weren't there but I wish we were, he probably already told you. Anyway, now that this is forever long I'll go. I just miss you, we all do!!

Emma and Travis said...

I didn't know you had a blog! HOw exciting! Now I can get hooked keeping up on your adventures too! Well, I hope everything is going good on the other side of the world! Take care, spread the word and have fun!

( you need to get Trent to do a blog... lol)

friendofcooljoe said...

you should have titled this
turkey czech
Joe czech
thanksgiving czech czech ...like a czech list GET IT?!!