8/26/12

my current jam(s)

dustin kensrue's lyrics off of thrice's 2009 album beggars have been a huge encouragement to me lately. its a strong album overall, but there were a few songs that jumped out at me after the first few listens. "all the world is mad" starts the album with a brutally honest look at the human condition. "the weight" speaks about the gracious love that is displayed through a marriage/covenant. "doublespeak" is a thought provoking song with a groove that somehow makes me want to dance! (wild, huh?) i put an acoustic version of the song "wood and wire" below, which is another one of my favorite songs off the album. "the great exchange" gives a beautiful allegory to Christ's death on our behalf. "beggars" closes out the album with the thought that all humanity is on the receiving end of God's grace. if you enjoy rock music, please do yourself a favor and buy this album!

"wood and wire" by thrice
14 years behind these bars,

In 12-foot square of cold cement.
I've lost nearly everything,
For a crime of which I'm innocent.

But all my suffering's a light and momentary pain,

While the weight of an endless glory still remains to me.

A dead man walking down the hall,

To meet a mess of wood and wire.

They lead me where men fear to tread-

But towards the thing I most desire.


For all my suffering's a light and momentary pain,
While the weight of an endless glory still remains.

Throw the switch on; I know you ain't got a choice.

The dawn is coming; all is well, I will rejoice.

No comments: