4/20/09

challenging prayer

francis chan is the teaching pastor at cornerstone church simi valley. i have been greatly encouraged by him ever since subscribing to his podcast shortly after moving to latvia. i am blessed by his heart for the Lord and his insight into the Word. i ran across his blog the other day where he posts videos about what God has been teaching him lately. this video was especially challenging to me because it addressed my sinful desire for independence and uneasiness with being in a place of constant dependence on God for my "daily bread." he titled the video "i dare you to pray this"...

"Two things I ask of you, O Lord; do not refuse me before I die: Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, 'Who is the Lord?' Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God."
Proverbs 30:7-9

are you willing to pray this prayer?

No comments: